August has been fun but not very productive on the sewing front - the Olympics, our first year of school holidays which required some juggling, and the little lady's sleep (never great) going to pot again has meant that my time and enthusiasm for sewing was limited.
So in many ways I was glad I had signed up for the Brit Quilt Swap round 3 as it forced me to do at least a little bit of sewing. It also meant I tried out some new things and generally has fun.
I'm so pleased with the final result:
I just hope my parter likes it! It went off in the post yesterday along with a few extra goodies
|Chocolate, fabric scraps and a pincushion made with my trial embroidery|
Other sewing this month included a scrappy quilt for the cat - black cat and new cream sofa was not a good mix so this little number was produced. I cut a 2.5"x5" piece from every scrap big enough and randomly pulled them out of a bag. It is my first scrappy quilt and it turned out better than expected - I enjoyed seeing all the fabrics from the projects I've made over the last couple of years.
I decided to try something other than quilts and Dolly was the result (we are not good at names in our house)
That is about it for August - I had hoped to have this baby quilt finished
but when I sat down to quilt it a couple of evenings ago my machine threw a wobbly and kept skipping stitches. It seems only to be an issue when I try to FMQ - straight stitching is fine but curves or loops are a disaster. I think it probably needs a service (at least I'm hoping that is all it needs). So depending on what happens there September may or may not be more productive!
I'm linking up with