Wednesday 14 March 2012

WIP Wednesday - Paper piecing edition

Hello

Wednesday again and I didn't think I'd have much to show but J was away last night and both the kids were in bed asleep by just after 7.30pm (a rare occurrence in this house!) so I got a good few hours sewing in without feeling I was being antisocial.

Finishes
No finishes this week

In progress
Paper pieced tote bags

Well it is official - paper piecing is my new favourite thing! I've finished the three pieced blocks that will form panels on my tote bags

Evening star (already posted about) - from Swim Bike Quilt

Rolling star by Marcia Hohn at Quilter's Cache


Circle of flying geese from Piece by Number

So pleased by how they turned out.  The plan now is to make them up into tote bags - I'm thinking black outside and a different bright colour for each lining.

Twiggy Lattice quilt
Four patch blocks are made and layout planned


I'm hoping to get some sewing done on this tonight.

No progress
Building blocks baby quilt - do want to get this done but not the same time pressure as there is for some of the projects.

King size bed quilt

Linking up with
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

Now I'm off to sew but I'll be checking what everyone else has been up to later
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Your paper piecing looks really good! It has been a suprise to me that I seem to like paper piecing too - I imagined I would find it fiddly and slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the blocks look amazing!! Rainbow colours always look good! I'm a paper pieced hexie addict! Love the colours for the twiggy lattice quilt! =D

    ReplyDelete